How to make crochet slippers – The Blog
You have no excuse not to make this pattern. Do you know how to single crochet? Do you know how to make the magic ring? You don’t! Here’s the link with the We are knitters youtube tutorials. Now you can dare with any pattern! Today I bring to you an easy, easy one! A pair of classic crochet slippers!
To make this pattern you need skein and a half and a We are knitters UK 2 crochet hook.
- Start by single crochet 6 stitches in the magic ring.
- Work rounds 1 to 5 in single stitch through the back loop keeping in mind the following increases:
Round 1: increase 1 in each stitch. You will have a total of 12 stitches. To give it a personal touch, work the stitch through the back loop, and so a set of lines will form around the edge of the slipper.
Round 2:* single crochet 1 through the back loop, increase 1 through the back loop*. Repeat from * to * until the end of the round. You will have a total of 18 stitches.
Rounds 3 and 4: single crochet all stitches through the back loop.
Round 5: single crochet 1 through the back loop, increase 1. Single crochet the remaining stitches through the back loop. You will have a total of 19 stitches.
- Work rounds 6 to 16 in orange skin stitch, this is:
Round 6 and the remaining even rounds: *single crochet 1, double crochet 1*. Repeat from * to * until the end of the round.
Round 7 and the remaining odd rounds: *double crochet 1 on the single crochet of the last row, single crochet 1 on the double crochet of the last round*. Repeat from * to * until the end of the round. The texture of this stitch is similar to the skin of an orange.
- Now we will work the heel. To do so, work rows 17 to 28 in single crochet as follows:
Rows 17 to 28: this is the heel, so single crochet only 15 stitches, reserving 4 unworked stitches. Chain 1 extra, turn your work.
- To be able to work the part of the leg you need to close the heel you just crocheted. Without cutting the strand, fold in half the heel and join the wrong side with a slip stitch. You can also cut the strand and seam the wrong side of the heel. Cut the strand and finish. The shale you will get here is like a shoe.
- To work the leg area and to make the slipper more like a sock, work in a spiral the hole you just formed. To do so, pick 23 stitches, as follows:
Row 29: slip stitch 1 on the first stitch you left unworked on row 17, single crochet 1. Double crochet 1, single crochet 1, double crochet 1. *Pick 9 stitches on the first side by slip stitch 1, single crochet 1*. Pick 1 stitch where the seam is and repeat from * to * until the end of the row. You will have a total of 23 picked up stitches.
- Work rounds 30 to 40 in orange skin stitch.
- To give a nice touch to your slippers, make a couple of pompons for each of them, tie them up to a chain, and it will also work so they remain in their place.
Now your slippers are finished. The ones in the sample are for a size 38-39, approximately, with The Petite Wool and a UK 2 crochet hook. But don’t worry if you are another size. Here’s a list with the equivalence between the size of the foot and the cm so you can calculate on your own, and make slippers for all your family and friends!
Sizes = cm
25 = 16,2
26 = 16,8
27 = 17,5
28 = 18
29 = 18,7
30 = 19,5
31 = 20
32 = 20,7
33 = 21,3
34 = 22
35 = 22,5
36 = 23,1
37 = 23,8
38 = 24,5
39 = 25,1
40 = 25,8
Remember to shoot a bunch of pictures and share them on social networks with the hashtag #weareknitters.