How to sew the clasp into your clutch – The Blog
One of the features that distinguish our clutches, besides their design, is our clasp. In each of our tape kits, for all of our clutches, you will find a squeeze frame clasp so that you can keep your cell phone, keys or wallet safe, and still be stylish.
Today we will show you how to sew the clasp into your clutch so it comes out perfectly and you can enjoy your knitted or crocheted bag for a long, long time.
We will need:
– Our clutch, already finished
– A length of The Tape
– A tapestry needle
– And, of course, the clasp
Follow these instructions:
- We will sew the clasp in place in the open position, so the first thing you must do is open the clasp and place it inside the top of the clutch.
- Thread the tapestry needle with a length of The Tape long enough to sew around the entire clasp.
- Starting at one side, fold the edge of the clutch in, just enough to cover the clasp.
Sew the edge in place by passing the tapestry needle through one stitch of the finished edge and one stitch from the inside of the bag.
- Repeat around the entire edge until you reach the point where you started and weave in the end of your yarn. Now you can open and close your clutch as many times as you want 🙂
In this video tutorial you can watch how to sew the clasp into your clutch step by step:
As you can see, it’s really easy to sew the clasp into your clutch, and the best part is that it is completely hidden inside the border of the bag.
Don’t miss out; it’s the perfect summer accessory! And there are many different models to choose from.
For our demonstration we used The Tape in bright pink, but you can use The Tape color that you like best and a pair of size 15 beech wood knitting needles.
You know we love to see your creations. You can share them with us, and the WAK community, on Instagram or Twitter using the hashtag #weareknitters.